Sunday, December 6, 2009

Long Blog and 40 more days!!!.... hopefully...

WOW! Thats all I can really say. So much has happened since Nick left. Today is day 27. I have, so far, sent 30 letters and 1 card. I am LOVING getting to write to him. I will admit that sometimes it makes it harder because I am really focused and thinking about him when I write but I think about him so much throughout the day that it is nice to tell him what is going on.
So.... let me think... I got sick. I was sick over Thanksgiving break. I did not know what was wrong with me so I went to the doctors the Monday before Thanksgiving, he did an xray and said he did not know what was wrong with me either. But obviously something was, I was in excrusiating pain and could not do anything. I had a constant fever and was throwing up (sorry for the details) and felt horrible. You have to know that I NEVER get sick, I have always had the best immune system but not this time, I was def sick. So he told me to go home and rest and take tylenol and come back in a few days if I was not feeling better. My friend Bethany brought me some flowers with a note, so that was nice, such a blessing! :)

So yep... Wed. I was def. going back but this time I decided to go to Urgent Care. They did a test then figured out I had a kidney infection! Crazy bc Nick and his sister both had them a month prior. Kidney infections are not contagious so that is why it was so ironic that they both had it and then I got it. I decided it was because I had started working out a lot and I was not drinking enough water so I was dehydrated. So anyway... they gave me a shot and some medicine, actually 3 medicines and I started feeling a little better.
My sister and her boyfriend Justin (actually it was his idea) bought me flowers :)

and a few friends brought over another nice little blessing.
Thursday I was still very sick but I decided that I was going to go to my aunts with my family anyway, it was after all, Thanksgiving. So I went. I was sick and didn't feel well like the whole time but I was happy I went. Friday I had to work, and I was almost back to myself but I was ok. Then Saturday I was back. I was finally me again! It was so painful I don't know how Nick could handle being sick for so long before they found out that was what he had. So.... Sunday... I got my ears pierced... I have been wanting to, when I was little I had them pierced but they got infected so they had to close. So I decided I was going to do it. I was at the mall with my mom getting pedicures :D and then I was like lets go I am going to do it! Very brave of me by the way bc my ears are very sensitive and sometimes I pass out when I get shots but... I did it! I did not pass out and I had 2 girls do it at the same time so I got it over with at once! :) YAY! :) so then school this week and work, I still had not received a letter from Nick and to be honest I was getting a little depressed, his mom had already gotten 2 by Tue. so... Wed. I get home from school and... my sister tells me I have a letter on my desk from Nick!!!!!! I started crying before I even opened it. (the girl emotional part of me coming out) and I LOVED the letter it was so nice to read it. In the letter he referred to a 1st letter, so this was really the second so I was wondering what had happened to the first... but later that night found out that KC and my friends Walter and Ily and Michelle both got a letter too! I was so thankful I got mine before I found out that they got there's lol. I would have been a mess! Anyway, it was nice to hear he is doing so well! He is a Section Leader in his division, which means he is always busy and has about 15 guys under him. In his division about 5 people have already been sent home. 2 guys had nervous break downs! CRAZY! But Nick is doing very well and he has been able to share the Lord with many people out there. He also has a Christian friend which I have been praying for :) So... YAY! things are going great :) I am so thankful for the Lord's faithfulness and for continuing to bless us! Thursday it was our friend Walter's birthday and we went out to dinner :) We got dressed up and that was a blast! Of course I was missing Nick though. And then Friday... I was at school and then got home, checked the mail (hoping the 1st letter would come) and as I am walking in... wait for it.... NICK CALLED ME!!!!!! It was so nice to hear his voice and talk with him. He also told me he felt bad bc the first letter got sent back, he put his parents zip code instead of mine but that I have letters on the way :) yay! And he is sending the 1st one back. He also mentioned he can only send them on Sundays.. If anyone wants to write to him, they can give it to me and I will send it along with mine, the more, the better! Anyway...but then he said "I might have some bad news.... I might get sent home" that was NOT was I was thinking I would hear. Apparently he has been sick the whole time he has been gone, he didn't want to tell us because he didn't want us to worry. We are thinking it has to do with his kidneys but he has felt this way the whole time! (So... I think the Lord allowed me to get sick so I can feel a little of what he is and sympathize with him more, it is SO painful) anyway.... He has a cat scan next week and then we will know what is wrong, if he can't get better he will get sent home! :( so be praying... Nick and I are trusting God, whatever the Lord wants is what Nick and I both are praying for, His will be done. If he is able to get in medical and get better then the only thing is his graduation will be later than January 15, which is the current date that he is supposed to graduate, which will also mean he probably would no longer be a section leader because he will be in a new division. So all of this is to ask that you please be praying for him. Thanks so much for all of your prayers! But it was so nice to hear his voice when I got to talk to him :) I miss him so much. Later I went to his house and talked with his mom for a few hours. It is so nice to be close to his family. I am so thankful for them!
Saturday I had to take the CBEST, I am hoping I did well on that, and then in the afternoon I hung out with my sister Kendall, I asked her to take some pictures of me that I could send to Nick :) So... we went to the park, we were going to go by the mission inn but I decided there would be too many people and that would be WAY too embarrassing for me lol. So we went, we took 171 pics... lol obviously some didn't turn out but there were some that I have picked out to send him :)
Here are a few... more are on my facebook....

so that was fun and now I am here, I have had a nice relaxing weekend. My last day of this semester is December 17, so I am almost on Christmas break. I have a lot of things coming up, I have planned to do a lot with friends and family over break, hoping time will fly by faster :) so anyway thats what has been happening. I am missing Nick more than ever but excited to see what the Lord is going to do in our lives :) I am so blessed by so many friends and family and very thankful. Thank you for praying :)
This is a map on my phone from my house to Nicks current address.... 1983.5 miles away... TOO MANY...
Anyway, thanks for reading, and going on this journey with me. Trusting the Lord and excited to see what He has planned.


David D. said...

Wow! Lots of stuff happening! Glad to hear about all this stuff! We need to sneak a Double-Double over to Nick somehow! lol

Allison said...

lol NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! he can get in trouble if food is sent lol its not good, or worth it believe me... so lets just be nice and only send letters and pictures lol :) haha

Liz! said...

WOW! that was long! lol. but i read the whole thing!! keep us all updated on nick's health! i'll be praying for him!!