Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"But let him who glories glory in this..."

"But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth, For in these I delight says the Lord" Jeremiah 9:24
This is one of my favorite verses right now. The Lord has continually been reminding me over and over of this verse. It has been such a blessing because nothing can be better but to have scripture on your mind. This verse has been something I have been trying to implement more and more. It is so often that we try to let people know how much we know, or at least make it seem like we know a lot, or have a lot, or get to do a lot, really people try to make others jealous everyday. Daily, we as humans, are constantly trying to make ourselves look better or in other words boast in things we are doing. It has just been a constant reminder to me to glory in knowing the Lord. I want to know and understand the Lord and for it to be evident that this is true in my life.
The Bible continues to bring up this idea of boasting and glorying in Christ.
In 1 Corinthians 1:30-31 it says,
 " But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--that, as it is written, "he who glories, let him glory in the Lord"'

Lately the Lord has been speaking to me very clearly and getting more of my attention. I have been realizing how much people need to know the Lord and how lost so many are.
When the song, "Hosanna" came out by Hillsong United many months back, I really made it my prayer. Part of the chorus says, "Heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen, show me how to love like you have loved me"
 I have been praying for this in my life and the Lord has been answering my prayers.

More recently.... For a couple of months now one of my favorite songs has been "Give me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath
" Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten"

These words have been my prayer for a few months now and the Lord is really opening my eyes to people. I have always thought about people around me and how they really do need Jesus but just recently my eyes have been opened to how lost people really are and how they really try to fill their lives with things that will only bring them temporary satisfaction. I have many friends and family members that I want to reach out to, if only they would just realize what this life is all about. It is not about us, and saying you are a Christian doesn't mean anything in today's society. It is so sad how many people don't even know Jesus. They can know about Him and have heard many things but there are so many who don't actually KNOW Him. It breaks my heart, my prayer is that I will constantly remember that it is not about me, that the Lord has a bigger plan that He wants to follow through with, and I know He will do it. While His plan is carried out, I will glory in one thing, to know and understand Him. 


 

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog and I absolutely love the title of your blog! Thanks for sharing this post. It blessed my heart!

Nice to meet you! I pray that you have a wonderful weekend! : )

All for Jesus,
Julie